Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Journal Journeys CH07

Over on Journal Journeys Dawn set us the challenge of April Showers this month.  How apt.  Mind they've not been 'showers' as much as torrential rain at least for us in the North East!!

Dawn made such a wonderful page and it was hard not to copy her idea of the huge rain drops so this is what I came up with.

I coloured the background of my Moleskine by scribbling all over with Derwent Aquatone in kingfisher blue and activated it with a baby wipe.  I dried it with my heat tool and then flicked the same colour blue, zinc yellow and magenta all over the page by using a wet paintbrush and flicking off the end of the Aquatones.  The effect is brillaint and looked just like multicoloured rain.  Of course my camera was downstairs and I was in the 'zone' and forgot to take a photo.

I wanted to make the page seem almost psychadelic and used the Crafty Image Emporium CD from Crafty Computer Paper.  Its one of those CD's that I use time and again when I'm looking for something a little bit different.  I used a section called '1960's' and the small flowers came from a sheet that had loads of embellishments on it.

I used the same CD for the paper for the umbrella.  I found an free umbrella template on-line and fitted the papers into it.  My Mam said it looks like its silk.  I suppose it does a little.

I've realised that there always seems to be a mistake in all of my pages.  This time its the date.  I stamped March instead of April.  See I don't even know what month we're in even though the challenge is 'April Showers'.  You'd think I'd have caught on ;)

To bring it all together I used individual letter stamps to stamp the wording and stamped some flowers along the bottom of the page.  They didn't stand out so well so I coloured them with Spectrum Noir pens.

I also coloured the flowers in the rain with the same pens to make them stand out a little more.


And here is my finished page :)

4 comments:

mamapez5 said...

This is such a fun and exciting page. I love the paper you have used for the umbrella. It's all great. Kate x

Unknown said...

Oh I love your page even though it's raining it makes me smile and that's precious to me (work that makes me smile) loving the brollie and you're so right about the down pours we've been having. The NW is waterlogged well my garden is any way lol thank you for playing along with Journal Journey's Love Dawn xx

judithw said...

Hi Jill
I like that and very apt for this weather. Love the colours.
love Judith x

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hello Jill, Nice to meet you here. Followed you from Dawn's JOurnal blog. Love the use of Derwent Aquatone colors....I also love Moleskines...aren't they great? Your background is wonderful. Cool to be able to read how you did it, too.