Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

Windows

Been to the Pain Clinic and at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.  The doc I saw was lovely and took time to listen to what I was feeling and asked loads of questions about my life in general.  I thought I was on the max dose of my pain killers, but it was just the maximum a GP can prescribe.  The doc at the Pain Clinic can prescribe up to the manufacturers max.  So I'm slowly upping the pills.  Although I've had some side effects, they eventually dissappeared and the pain is slowly getting better.

At the moment I am sitting in the back bedroom with loads of warm clothes on as new windows are being put into the front of my house.  Its freezing and I feel like I'm getting a cold.  Woke up this morning with a really tickly throat and sitting in a cold house isn't helping!!

I've been making some Halloween art which all started with Carrie's blog and a Halloween swap.  Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of all of them.  I really must get into the way of taking more photos.  Luckily Janet (my lovely friend from Scotland) sent me a photo of hers by e-mail.  Thanks Janet!!

This was made using a Gessoboard by Ampersand.  I used watercolour crayons, spritzed with water to make the background.  I then overstamped with a spiders web and stamped onto orange card and embossed with black EP the house, cat and 'Spookylicious'.  All of the stamps are by Elusive Images available at Graphicus.

I'll be back soon with some more of my arty / crafty makes, but for now I'll leave you with the answer to the number of petals.  It was 72.  I can't believe how close Janet was!!

2 comments:

erasercarver said...

Oooh, that canvas looks fab, love the contrasting purple and yellow tones.

Janet said...

I thought I was seeing double!! Hope you have got all your windows in by now. BTW Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Janet xx